Palace On Wheels Travel Tips
Palace On Wheels Detail Itinerary
- Always use the services of the licensed guides of the Govt.
- Use sunglasses, caps and parasols for protection from sun.Carry your
swimming gears, if you wish to swim at hotels.
- Shop at government authorised counters/ emporiums i.e. Rajasthali at
Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur & Agra.
- Do not change money through unauthorised dealers. It may turn out
more expensive. Also it is illegal.
- The lure of the lavish hospitality extended by strangers is
avoidable. Women in particular should be alert!
- Do not accept edible items from strangers or the so called friends
during a train journey as at times you can loose consciousness and open
your eyes in the hospital and discover that you have been robbed of all
- Do not encourage beggars and hawkers.
- Do not carry valuables while on safari.
- If you have any complaint about Rajasthali shops please write to the
managing director, Rajasthan small industries corporation ltd., Udyog
Bhawan, Tilak Marg, Jaipur, India - 302005. or to MD, RTDC, through the
prepaid inland letter available in the palace on wheels.
- Every traveller on the POW must possess a valid ticket either paid
for or complimentary. Unauthorized travel is illegal under the Indian
laws and may invite prosecution.
- RTDC/Railway staff shall display identity cards at all times. If you
find anyone lacking in this requirement, please bring it to the notice
of senior manager POW, or MD, RTDC through the prepaid inland letter.